October 26-28, 2021 and November 2-4, 2021
Yale School of Management (Live Virtual)
While women have made substantial gains in the business world, today’s workplace can still benefit from leveraging the unique perspective and strengths that women can bring to the organizational table. The NACS Women’s Leadership Program at Yale University—held digitally this fall—examines the issues facing women in leadership positions and offers strategies for navigating them.
The NACS Women’s Leadership Program offers convenience leaders the opportunity to:
- Develop critical top team leadership skills
- Refine strategic perspective and decision making
- Understand and hone leadership style through feedback assessments
- Improve executive presence and leverage diversity to accelerate innovation
- Practice emotionally intelligent leadership
October 31 to November 5, 2021
MIT Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Embracing the motto of MIT—mans et manus (mind and hand)—the NACS Innovation Leadership Program combines research-based management frameworks with practical hands-on experience. Small group collaborative work, lightning talks with start-ups from the MIT ecosystem, white-boarding breakouts and engaging professors cover topics found in the curriculum.
The NACS Innovation Leadership Program offers convenience leaders the opportunity to:
- Learn how to build an innovation culture—focused on skills, desire, freedom of action, high commitment and high integrity
- Recognize and overcome mental models that inhibit innovation
- Leverage the principles and processes of design thinking
- Identify choices for responding to disruptive competition
- Apply innovative methods for designing work and operating models that engage employees/create competitive advantage
- Experience first-hand MIT’s entrepreneurial innovation ecosystem
November 14–19, 2021
Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
Marketing is much more than product promotion. Marketing is a way of looking at the world that is customer-focused, insight-driven—and ever-evolving. As you struggle in these challenging times to create new markets and deliver superior customer experiences, consider the NACS Marketing Leadership Program to fast-track your skills.
The NACS Marketing Leadership Program will give attendees the ability to:
- Identify the most attractive targets for your company’s offerings
- Make strategic decisions based on customer lifetime value
- Understand how customers experience products and services, and how that affects retention, brand perception and competitive advantage
- Use deep customer insights to build a strong brand positioning
- Understand the critical importance of internal branding and identify best practices
- Set price to capture value created
To learn more about these programs and to register, visit www.convenience.org/leadership.